Thursday, November 12, 2009

[3D Tutorial] – Stereo Photography - Intro

Intro - How to create 3-Dimensional pictures with your normal digital camera.

I got my first “taste” of stereo photography as a toddler. My grandfather (who died before I was born) was a stereo photographer, and left behind a legacy of stereo glass plates, a couple of cameras and a beautiful stereoscopic viewer. As a kid, I’ve spent hours fascinated by this giant Viewmaster!


While I was shooting film, I never considered doing my own 3D, but digital cameras opened up a whole new world of possibilities. I am not an expert in stereo photography, there are people out there who have much more experience and much better understanding of the theory behind it. In this tutorial, I hope I can give you some basic techniques that you can use to generate some primitive (but real!) 3D photographs.

In the next few sections, I will show how you can create real three dimensional photographs using your normal digital camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home